Here's why I choose not to.
1) My religion and my God say it's wrong.
2) From my own experiences with the Dark Under Belly (pun intended) I know what it'll do to my soul, my relationships with the girls I know in my own life, and my own self. It will feel good for a few minutes (a lot of minutes) but in the end, it will warp my life into a hellish nightmare that I can't quit even if I want to.
3) I'm worried about health.
4) I'm worried about performance.
5) I don't feel the need to act out. Yet.
6) The less I enjoy now, the better my life later will be.
And most importantly,
7) It gives me a false sense of superiority over my peers