Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Asian Student Association Meeting

So, for those of you who were wondering whether Asians can have frats too, you were right! There were two lovely representatives at the ASA meeting in the aforementioned title. Note to self: do not go to an Asian Student Association Meeting, because there are Asians there.

I've never seen so many Asians packed into a small space at once. It was terrifying. I didn't know there were that many Asians in North America- I'm sure they shipped them in from some other continent, like Canada or Kentucky or something.

Speaking of other continents, as they introduced themselves and plugged their respective organizations, a guy from the local Asian frat went up and proclaimed that his frat was the largest and most international, since they had 46 chapters, one of which was actually in this mysterious, Dry country called Canada.

And if you were wondering whether Asians can be in sororities, yes, they can! And it scares the living daylights out of me. Sororities, along with football teams and the automotive industry, were the last bastions of white power. Now they're coming for us, and I'm going to be sitting on my porch with a Remington sawed-off shotgun and a jug of moonshine ready to take them down.

And if that doesn't work, I have Korean For Dummies, fresh kimchi, and a set of chopsticks with cartoon instructions to try to get on their good side. That's good, right, brother zhong guo ren?

1 comment:

Minh Nguyễn said...

After two years, I’m still baffled by the sheer numbers of rice, tofu, and – yes – Asian faces I encounter every day at school. Cincinnati didn’t prepare me well for that, no sir.

 – brother yuè nán rén