Monday, September 03, 2007

I was wondering why college seemed to be more than a little breezy compared to the heavyweights of high school- just disorientation (literally-damn frat parties- and figuratively), a little homesickness, and a little alienation (OK, a lot of alienation, and did I mention the damn frat parties are AlienNation?). Then I realized that this isn't the "real" college experience: the weather is still warm, we're only just doing our first lab, clubs haven't started, my friends back home haven't started yet...

When fall turns to winter (you know what I'm talking about) it's going to come like an icy shower on a Monday morning, all the pain and humiliation I've banked away or mortgaged coming back with the rebound effect of an entire year (10 months until it'll be two exactly since it's early tuesday morning) that I stole away.

Some say my world will end in fire, and some say in ice. Either way, it's going to suck like the mohr pipet I have to learn to use tomorrow morning at 8:30.

For those of you who are a little upset over this post, having expected to find comedy, I apologize. I just wanted to have a written record of this lovely Emo (now with 25% more angst!) feeling so that when I forget it and finish off my blissful soap bubble dream life and return to reality, I won't be surprised, because I'll know that at least for one short period of time I knew it was coming.

Thank you. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will soon return to our regularly scheduled irreverency (and I'll post a report of my disastrous DUI tryout tomorrow)

No comments: