Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday Sunday Sunday...football football football....

Yes, I did go to the game on Saturday, and yes, I did see my school's hope of a one-win season evaporate (along with Michigan's...), and no, it was nowhere near as good as I feared. Imagine a stadium slightly larger than Nippert, hosting a game between West Hi and Amelia. Then imagine fewer fans. That's kind of what it was like.

When someone got hurt [from our own team!!!!], I raised my one finger into the air in support, and NOBODY ELSE DID. That's how much of a basketball school we are. Also, instead of yelling or chanting for kickoff, we rattled keys. It was terrible.


I miss home.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I know what you mean... I went to UC's opener the Thursday before the X game and felt so completely out of place, even hollow. The game itself seemed very... sterilized, compared to X games; I felt no connection (something that was immediate upon entering high school).
When I did get to the X game that Sunday, I tried to be polite and sit up in the shade with my dad and other alums (mostly class of '78)... that lasted about 30 minutes, by the 4th quarter I was down behind the band, shirt off and screaming so loud my chest hurt for two hours.