Thursday, October 25, 2007

MY ONE HUNDREDTH (OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT) POST!!!

In honor of the gloom and crappy mood, I'm going to bestow upon both of my faithful readers a crappy emo poem:



"Single Integrated Operations Plan"

Quoth the Bard,
Cowards die many times before their death; the valiant taste of death but once.
What does that say about us?
We dream of it,
Plan it,
Fantasize about it,
Practice it,
A beautiful, fiery annihiliation.
The End. Of Everything.
The world. My life. My love.
Everywhere we stand,
Our fingers on the triggers,
Over the red buttons,
Staring each other down.

It will be ugly.
It plays on endless loop in my nightmares,
The end of Aquarius,
The end of warm cookies,
The end of the album,
The Beatles broke up.

"I just don't care about you anymore
"Let's just be friends
"It's too hard
"There's someone else
"Doveryai, no proveryai
"It's not you it's me [but it's you]
"Peace in our time
"Peace without victory
"Peace be with you
lies lies lies lies lies lies
you just don't want me anymore

So you'll take the nuclear option,
Cradle the Football,
And erase the two of us from the earth forever
I know.
I've seen it.

So am I a coward?
I have no doubt.
I've visualized, planned, practiced,
Every conceivable way,
So I'll be ready,
Ready so you can't break me,
With your tears and your anguish and your angst

jealousyangerhateboredomawkwardlustpridefear
It all means the same,
"I don't want you anymore."
I've watched you from a distance as you walk away from us,
I've watched you from your eyes,
From my eyes,
I watch myself collapse,
Fall deep into the singularity,
Ash and fire and winter-nuclear,
The meek shall inherit the earth.

So am I a coward?
I've died a thousand times,
A million times,
Hardening myself.
I have food and water and shelter stored away,
I'll be king under a mountain,
And I'll remember,
"One death is a tragedy,
A million deaths is a statistic."

Quoth the Bard,
"Cowards die many times before their death; the valiant taste of death but once."
But I'll be a coward,
Quoth another Bard,
"Since the man that runs away/lives to die another day"

No comments: