Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A poem by Paul Muldoon, inspired by fMRI processes, grabbed from http://www.princeton.edu/~paw/archive_new/PAW03-04/01-0910/features3.html

Once I Looked Into Your Eyes

Once I looked into your eyes

and the only tissue I saw through

was the tissue of lies

behind everything you do.

Once I looked into your heart

and imagined I could trace

the history of the art

of deception in your face.

Now there’s something more than a chance

of making molecules dance

I'm somewhat gratified to find

that by laser-enhanced

magnetic resonance,

if nothing else, I may read your mind.

By Paul Muldoon

1 comment:

Erasmus said...

I can sympathize with the last line, not so much with the rest. It is a very clever poem, however, and takes a very interesting spin on science and relationships.